Murdoch University Village invites future students to apply for the Murdoch University Village Scholarship Program. Ten accommodation scholarships are available to first year students who are planning to enrol in an undergraduate course of study at Murdoch University in 2013. Accommodation will be allocated in a twin share room and the scholarship funds cannot be used to upgrade to another room type. The aim of the program is to assist students who require financial support in order to live in Murdoch University Village and attend Murdoch University.
The Murdoch University Village Scholarship Program will cover the residential fees from 4 February to 24 November 2013 at Murdoch University Village (estimated total value of $5838 per student over 42 weeks). The Scholarship Program does not include the 4 week security deposit that is required to secure your accommodation at Murdoch University Village.
NOTE: Successful students will not personally receive the funding but will have their accommodation costs paid directly by Murdoch University Village.
To be eligible to apply for the Murdoch University Village Scholarship, students must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Year 12 School leaver in 2011 or 2012
- Provide evidence of financial hardship in the form of a Centrelink Income Statement
- Be prepared to commence full-time studies in a first year undergraduate course at Murdoch University in 2013
- Be prepared to enter into a residential agreement with Murdoch University Village for a twin share room in 2013
All applicants will be required to attach the following:
- Copies of school reports for Year 11 and 12
- ATAR ranking
- Centrelink Income Statement
- Evidence of Acceptance into Murdoch University
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words typed) demonstrating what you hope to achieve during your University career, any extracurricular activities/work experience you believe will help you achieve your goals and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the scholarship
- Candidate applications will be reviewed in line with the eligibility criteria and in addition, academic record including ATAR ranking will be considered.
how to apply
- Submit your completed online scholarship application form (via the link below) by 21 January 2013.
- If your application is successful you will be contacted in January and requested to hand in the above proof including your ATAR, Murdoch University acceptance letter and Centrelink income statement to MUV Reception.
- Scholarship winners will then be notified through email by 28 January 2013.